Monday, August 20, 2012

Fruit Tart

 As much as I love cake, for my birthday I always end up choosing Fruit Tart for my dessert.  My birthday happens to fall in the perfect time of summer, when fruits are ripe and perfectly sweet.  This Fruit Tart is a delightful balance of juicy fruit, sweetened cream cheese, and flaky crust.  I could eat the whole thing in one sitting if my brothers didn't try to stab me with their forks for a piece.  Needless to say, we always make two.


Ingredients:
1 refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
1 tsp flour
1 8oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
fruit
2 tbs apricot preserves

I don't have any pictures of making the crust or cream cheese filling because my mom jumped the gun before I came over to help.  However, it's really simple to make.  Preheat the over to 425.  Unfold the crust and by using wet fingers press together any cracks to seal them closed.  Rub the crust with flour and place it flour side down into a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom.  Fold the over hanging crust in and press firmly to form thick sides.  Pierce the bottom of the crust a few times with a fork to prevent it from bubbling up in the center while baking.  Bake until golden, about 14 minutes, and let it cool completely.

Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.  Beat in whipping cream, lemon juice, and vanilla.  Spread the filling onto the crust.


Slice up the fruit for the tart.  You can use any kind of fruit you like; we used strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, and nectarines.



And then arrange the fruit into a pretty design!  



Last but not least, microwave preserves on low heat until just melted.  Let cool and then brush over fruit.  Chill in the fridge for at least an hour and a half before serving.



I highly recommend you make two because if your family is anything like mine, the first one will be gone in less than 30 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment