Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chocolate Iced Coffee

Anyone who knows me would say that my drink of choice is tea.  But dare I say that ever since grad school I have become quite partial to iced coffee. I guess I need that extra burst of caffeine to get me through the day.  Of course, I have to load it up with sugar to the max to make it tolerable, but it is definitely growing on me.  I can never bring myself to buy an iced coffee at Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts, however, when the craving strikes I luckily have this delicious recipe to fall back on.


Ingredients:
strong brewed coffee
chocolate soy milk
agave nectar
splash of (cow) milk
ice

I make my coffee in a french press, mostly because I hardly drink it so I can't fathom buying a whole coffee machine.


Let it chill in the fridge for a bit, then pour into a glass with ice.  The secret ingredients that really make this a delicious glass of iced coffee are....


...chocolate soy milk and agave nectar!  Add however much you want of each.  The chocolate soy gives it a rich, chocolatey flavor while the agave nectar is a perfect sweetener.  It is sweeter than sugar so you don't need as much, and it dissolves into cold drinks better.  I used about 1/4 cup of chocolate soy milk and 1 tsp of agave nectar.  I also thought it needed just a splash of regular cow milk to make it creamier with less of a strong coffee taste. 

Enjoy!

*Don't use soy milk in hot coffee.  The acidity of the black coffee acts as a coagulant with the soy and makes it curdle at the bottom of your cup. 

1 comment:

  1. Tea and coffee vending machines are designed to dispense hot beverages on demand. They typically contain multiple canisters or hoppers to store different types of teas, coffees, milk, sugar, and sometimes even hot chocolate or soup mixes. Users can select their desired beverage from the machine's interface, and the machine dispenses the appropriate ingredients, mixes them as per the selected recipe, and delivers the hot drink into a cup or mug. South Indian Filter Coffee Maker Dealers in Chennai
    Bean To Cup Vending Machine Dealers in Chennai

    ReplyDelete