Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Bread Muffins with Cranberries and Chocolate

This weekend has been the most successful and productive weekend I have had in a long time.  I have been incredibly motivated to work on and finish all my projects, presentations, and papers for school, clean my whole house, and even bake muffins!  After making Pumpkin Cream Cheese I had a bowl of pumpkin sitting in my fridge just waiting for me to make something delicious.  I was about to make pumpkin bread but it wasn't until I finished making the batter that I realized I don't have a loaf pan!  So muffins they are.  And boy are they delicious.  With the tart tang of cranberries and smooth sweet chocolate, it doesn't get much better.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tbs water
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar

The bowl of pumpkin that was calling my name.  How could I resist?


Begin my sifting together the flour, salt, sugar and baking soda.


In a separate bowl, beat the 2 eggs.


Add the pumpkin, oil, water, honey, and pumpkin pie spice.  To make the honey come out easier from the measuring cup, spray it with pam first.  Mix the wet ingredients together.



Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.


Measure out the cranberries and chocolate.  Gently stir them into the batter.


Line your cupcake tray with paper liners and spray them with pam.  Fill the cups with batter.  There will be a little bit of left over batter to make a mini loaf or more muffins.  If you use a mini loaf be sure to spray the pan with pam as well.


Sprinkle brown sugar over the tops of each muffin.  As this bakes it will add a nice crunch to your muffin.


Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until cake tops spring back when touched.  Let them cool for 5-8 minutes in the pan, then remove and let cool on a cooling rack.

3 comments:

  1. I guess you'll be wanting a loaf pan for Christmas?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to put one away in the freezer until the next time we see each other! I can almost SMELL them! Love, Mom :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg!! my mouth is watering for these!

    ReplyDelete